So tonight I went to eat dinner with my Grandma (GGM). She is so frail and getting so close to leaving this life and it is hard to watch. As I drove home I thought about how grateful I am to know where we go after this life. I know that she will live with our Savior again and he will be there to welcome her home along with Grandpa Dean and Aunt Marsha and the rest of her family that has alrady passed onto the next life. I am so grateful to have this knowlegde so that it will make it easier to not have her around. I know she will be happy on either side of the veil and that I will see her again someday.
Then as I drove home I listened to one of my favorite CDs called "A Nashville Tribute to Joseph Smith." I am so grateful to him for his sacrifices that allowed us to have another testament of Jesus Christ so that we can KNOW he lived and still lives. I am truly blessed and grateful for this "perpective check" that I experienced this evening on my life. I realized that I need to work harder at being the best I can be and serving so that I can help others find true happiness and be the best that they can be in this life and prepare to meet the Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment