Tuesday, August 30, 2011

He is mindful of us

I got a job almost a year ago at Lifetime Fitness and was so excited to teach, and was always trying to be the "Team Player" and help out when I could, that I took on a couple classes on Monday nights which were suposed to be "Family Nights" in our home.  I  wanted these classses so badly that I thought my family could all just go to the gym together and work out and then go for a treat afterwards and then we would still be together as a family.  So I accepted the classes and started to teach.  The kids came a few times with me (only because Dad was out of town) but when he was in town they stayed home and spent time together and sometimes had "Family Night" without me.  I have let this go on for about 7 months and finally I have decided to listen to that small voice that keeps telling me that my family is more important and I need to be home with them.  Once I made the decision I called my boss and let  her know and I felt a little better - but still sad because I really loved those classes and I just loved teaching.

While all this was taking place (these 7 months) I had written 2-3 e-mails, to the gal in charge at the Lifetime closer to my house, asking if she had any classes for me and to please keep me in mind.  Every time she very nicely wrote back that she knew I was here but there was nothing available.

Well, it was funny that the day after I gave up these classes and did what I knew I should be doing, I get a phone call from the gal at the closer Lifetime and she offered me a class that would start in 2 weeks (right when I finish teaching my Monday night ones) and it is during the day on a Wednesday!
I was soooooo excited about this!

I know from this experience, and many others, that the Lord knows us and wants us to be happy.  If we have faith and do the things that we know we should to strengthen our family and stay close to Him, He will open doors and pour blessing upon us.  I am so grateful for this and for ALL the opportunities that I have been given because I have been faithful.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment