Thursday, June 23, 2011

Napping is a waste of time!

So yesterday I called several of my neighbors and found that they were all napping.  I found it kind of amusing and then thought to myself, "Maybe I am missing out on something?"  So today I went out to a big lunch and came home and was a little tired from all the food, so I thought I would try this napping thing.

All the kids were busy playing so I thought this was my chance.  I set the timer for 20 minutes, because I had to be somewhere, and I layed down and closed my eyes.
It wasn't 2 minutes later and here comes my one son to ask me if he can play.  I said yes (keeping my eyes closed) and he was off.  Then my daughter came in about 3 minutes later and asked about having her cousins come down to vist and needed their phone number.  So I told her (while keeping my eyes closed) and then tried to relax again.  Another minute or 2 later I hear my son outside crying.  So I get up and go see what is going on and solve the problem, then I went to lay down again.  My daughter then comes back in to tell me that she can't get her cousins to answer the phone and so I give her another number to call.  By this time I am thinking that this nap thing is not all it is cracked up to be.  I peek my eye open to see the timer and I have 4 minutes left.  I thought - 4 MINUTES!  What a waste of time.  So I got up and started to sweep the floor and clean the kitchen.

I guess I will never understand the joy that napping brings to people - but I know it is not my thing!  I could have accomplished alot more during that 16 minutes.  Oh well..... now I know.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment